The curriculum at Falcons Academy will to help each student to discover their ‘best’. Anchored by our values, the curriculum will prioritise individualised development of students’ talents, interests and skills. The content of the academic curriculum will ensure all students are enriched by the best that has been thought and said. Our curriculum will be enacted through ambitious expectations for all and the highest standards of teaching, learning and behaviour.
What can you expect from Falcons Academy?
* A rigorous academic curriculum taught by outstanding teachers.
* A strong focus on community, inclusion and life-long learning.
* Excellence in the physical arts, including sport and dance.
* Partnerships with local universities and businesses.
* Emphasis of the AMRIT values.
* For Leicester and Leicestershire families.
* Sikh faith designation but welcoming to those of other faiths and none.
* Proposed opening date: September 2020.
* First cohort will be year 7 only.
* Admission number 240 in each year group.
* At capacity, the school will have 1,200 students on roll.
The Sikh faith designation will manifest itself in:
- An earlier start time for prayer and reflection; a place for the community to come together in collective worship.
- Education of all the world’s main religions, with particular respect for the religious and cultural history of the UK and of India and Pakistan.
- A focus on learning for life, not just for school. Sikhism means ‘lifelong learner.’